Welcome to another episode of the Art of Humanity, where we explore creativity + consciousness to allow you and your business to evolve.
In Episode 9, Jessica Ann talks with Annie Q. Syed.
Annie has been telling stories since she was eight years old. She attained her B.A. from the University of Kansas in English Literature and International Studies and her Master’s in Secondary English Education from City College in New York where she was a NYC Department of Education teacher. She then went on to receive her J.D. from CUNY School of Law in New York and thereafter completed a clerk-ship for a judge. She remains an activist in projects involving human rights in the United States, Africa and Asia. She is working on finishing a novel and other short stories.
In this episode, Annie and I discuss:
- How words help us make sense of the world
- What it means to be a “writer” today
- The meaning behind the word “community”
- Why “being a writer” today is mutually exclusive from “being in a community”
- The story and meaning behind her book, Collection of Auguries
- Why some of the biggest moments of our growth aren’t shareable on social media
If you’re enjoying this podcast, please leave a review on the iTunes store!
Or you can always subscribe to the podcast on iTunes to be notified when new episodes become available.
You can find Annie’s work on her website.
Free email course with audio
Subscribe to receive the "Create Content with Clarity" course, complete with blog posts, resources, and tools.