Is there anything better than the smell of fresh books in the New Year? Books are one of the most transformative ways to and change the content of your life. Reading books can elevate your work in the world like no other medium. They’re like having a dinner party with some of the most brilliant people on the planet (except you don’t have to worry about where to place your bread plate. Oh, and you don’t have to leave your house). A book suggested at the right time in your life can change your life (said in a Tony Robbins voice for full effect).
Here are a few of my favorite books that I read this year that I highly recommend:
Writing and Business:
- X: The Experience When Business Meets Design by Brian Solis
- Shareology by Bryan Kramer (I interview author Bryan Kramer here).
- The Elements of Style. My favorite writing classic. And fun fact: This book was the fifth photo I ever Instagrammed. Good writing was my obsession when I launched my content marketing business a few years ago.
- On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft by Stephen King. Phenomenal insight into the mind of one of the most brilliant writers.
- The Content Code by Mark Schaefer (My podcast interview with Mark is here).
Humanity and Relationships:
- Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind by Yuval Noah Harari (mind blown from this book).
- Your Awakening Self by Molly McCord (I chat with author Molly here).
- An Uncommon Bond and Spiritual Graffiti by Jeff Brown.
- A Brief History of Everything by Ken Wilber. Sound healer Asa Idoni and I discuss Ken Wilber in our conversation here).
- Gene Keys by Richard Rudd. It’s a huge textbook! And not one you’ll want to put away. I interviewed the author, Richard Rudd, on Episode 35 of my podcast, the Art of Humanity.
- Rising Strong by Brené Brown.
- Choose Yourself by James Altucher. I still dig into this one when I need inspiration. You can listen to James and I chat here.
- Procrastinate on Purpose by Rory Vaden.
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do In Life and In Business by Charles Duhigg.
- Confessions of a Public Speaker by Scott Berkun (I have a few exciting speaking gigs coming up this year. This book is helpful if you’re looking to become a better speaker).
What books are you reading?
You can buy my book, Humanize Your Brand: How to Create Content that Connects with your Customers on Amazon here.
*Note: some of the links in this article are affiliates. I only recommend books that I love and that have transformed my mindset.